Hola familia!
I made it to Chile safely, and what a crazy ride it has been. It has been totally different than what I expected and I am learning so much! I have two great companions, elders Matt Salzl and Klaus Villagran. They are stellar missionaries and great examples to me.
Mom, I need to say thank you and I am sorry. When I got to the mission home I was excited and tired but glad to be there, when I got to my apartment, I wanted to die. (It didn´t help that the second visit we went to consisted of a home with three people, two rooms, 7 dogs, 3 cats and a chicken). So Mom, thanks for teaching me what a clean house is and how important it is to have one. Also, sorry for being a lazy slob, and yet that was me not too long ago...Karma.
So my first day went something like this:
We got to the airport after sleeping some on the plane, we got through customs and all that and saw the mission president and his wife. Elder Barlow, Elder Peters and I got to drive to the mission home in their car and we were the first to have interviews. While we waited for the other 20 or so missionaries to arrive they let us sleep for a few hours. Then we got our trainers- Elder Salzl and we went to work. I took my luggage and we were headed to the apartment. First we stopped and bought some groceries for the week- box of multigrain cereal, two boxes, yes boxes of milk, five slices of ham and cheese, and a loaf of bread and we we on our way. We got a call so we headed to the church with all the luggage and groceries to teach my first investigator. After that I don´t remember what all else we did but eventually we made it home and I got to unpack. Welcome to the mission!
The next days did get better though and I am super excited to be here. My spanish is improving and often times I can understand most of what people say. Some pèople are impossible to understand but it is getting better.
I love the study time we have, I can´t wait to get good at this stuff!
Elder Crossley
ps. Luke, it is CHILLY in Chile- my first day felt like living in a fridge, but that is also getting better.
No comments:
Post a Comment