Familia,
So last Monday at night we had a Noche de Hogar-Family Night- with a less active family from my old sector and their family in my new one. We brought Five Minute Brownies which actually turned out really well, they aren´t like normal brownies, more like a cake, and I can´t say that they are super healthly but they are good.
Five Minute Brownies
2 eggs
1 stick of Margarine
1 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of flour
1/2 cup of cocoa
spoonful of baking powder
Mix and cook in the microwave for 5 minutes
On Tuesday I had the opportunity to help teach the daughter of a less active family (Albornoz) some English. I really enjoyed this. Also later that day some of our investigators Carmen and Samira, made us empanadas and they were super delicious. We shared the lesson of the restoration with them and that was even better.
One thing that has been going on, last week, I don´t know if you got it but I tried to send an email, and I said we were having difficulty teaching Claudio because he was never home. We learned what is really going on. Fabiola, his mom, is married to a man who doesn´t like the missionaries. He doesn´t like it when we are there and so we cannot teach Claudio after 6:30. This helped so much, just knowing what is going on and we actually taught Claudio twice this week. During one of the lessons we were sharing about families and they asked us if we had pictures. I had mine so I shared them. Mom, just so you know they said you have a ´´cara latina¨ literally a latin/hispanic face, meaning that you look Chilean.
We did some service on Saturday for a family who recently moved into the ward from my old sector. We pulled weeds-sort of. They wanted to clear the weeds and lay cement. But actually they only wanted us to cut the weeds so they could lay the cement. I was pulling them out and they told me I was doing it wrong...they do things differently here! But it was still fun and the weather was awesome!
We found a new family yesterday and they accepted a baptismal date. That was great!
I was reading in Jesus the Christ¨ earlier and there was a quote or two that I was very impressed by. It was in the notes talking about why no one objected while Christ cleared the temple. ¨Because sin is weakness; because there is in the world nothing so abject as a guilty conscience, nothing so invincible as the sweeping tide of a Godlike indignation against all that is base and wrong.¨ And later on, ¨Vice cannot stand for one moment before Virtue´s uplifted arm.¨
I hope this is sufficient and that your week is awesome. Good Luck with the classes Mom, I know you can do it! I am praying for you!
Love,
Elder Crossley
No comments:
Post a Comment