Monday, October 1, 2012

Week of September 23 to October 1 2012


¡Hola Familia!
 What a ride the mission is! You just never know what to expect. This week was really awesome.
We are teaching Alicia, to be honest I don`t remember if I have told you about her or not, but she is amazing! She used to be a Jehova witness for 30 years but now she is getting ready to be baptized in the Church of Jesus Christ. We are so blessed. We taught her on Friday and she had some pretty big questions that I didn`t know how to adequately answer. She referenced Matt 22:23-30 and how Jesus says that in the resurrection angels will not marry. She wanted to know how that is if we believe in eternal families. We wrote it down and promised to get her an answer.
 On Saturday we were knocking late at night. We had planned to knock the street Pizarro because we were going to be close. It ended up that we weren`t really that close to Pizarro when the time came down to it. But we went there anyway. I felt a little foolish, thinking that any other street really would be just as productive seeing as we were just going to knock, and I was a little hestitant to walk back up to the area since it wasn`t super close and thought my companion might complain or ask why but we went anyway. We knocked one side of the street and it was pretty good the people were nice and we set up some appointments. I had finished my number of contacts for the day that we set a goal for, but there was still time in the night.I almost left and started knocking another street but we stayed and decided to knock the other side of the street. We saw a miracle!
The first house that we knocked on that other side of the street was the house of the family of Alicia. We talked to her sister (before knowing who it was) and she told us she wasn`t interested in churches right now. She said she used to be a Jehova Witness but-and at that point I stopped her, she was talking just like Alicia, sounded so close, I asked her if she knew Alicia. We found out that they were sisters! She told us about how hard it has been for her, she feels bad that she has left all churches, especially when her mom (who died a year ago) remained faithful all her life, but She can`t handle feeling disillusioned and so she has been rejecting all churches. At the end she told us we may have found her at just the right time.
 On Sunday Alicia came to church with her Daughter and Son in law, Paula and Rodrigo. It was a powerful meeting and I am so glad that they were there. After church we visited them and talked about the plan of salvation. I explained Matt 22:23-30 with D&C 132:15-17 and D&C 131:1-4. We talked about eternal marriage and it is so cool to see the new light and joy they are finding. One of the best things that she shared with us is that at the beginning she was very closed and all the new information was being rejected. But she can feel herself opening her mind and understanding the things better. She told us that her sister is just like that, closed, but she is going to share what she knows and has felt to  help her. They are so cool! I gave Alicia my extra copy of the Triple and the Bible. They are the best. We are so blessed to be a part of this.
 I am learning a mountain!

Love you all,
Elder Crossley

No comments:

Post a Comment