Thursday, November 1, 2012
October 28, 2012
Hello Family!
Well, this week was pretty great. And it was really busy. I don´t have a lot of notes but I am going to try to tell you what I remember.
First off, Elder Burr is great. We are having so much fun and we get along great. He is a good example to me of dilligence and testimony. He knows how to laugh when things go bad and he also knows how to keep us motivated. He is from Canada and this is funny. He isn´t used to a lot of heat so that I think has been a little challenging for him but nevertheless we work, and we are working hard.
We found members this week, and not less active or inactive members, we found active member families who want to help us in this work. What an extreme blessing! We are so excited for this coming week and are really trying to listen to the Spirit. You learn a ton in the mission!
This week we taught Alicia again. She told us some more of her doubts and we helped her see how the Book of Mormon can answer questions from the Bible. She wanted to know why Christ was baptized and we read 2 Nephi 31 with her. She knows she needs to be baptized in the Church of God, she just doesn´t know which one that is yet. But she is praying and reading when she can. Pray for her. We are doing all we can. She had questions about what it meant that Christ fulfilled the law of Moses, and if he did then why do we have so many rules and stuff like that, but we read from the Book of Mormon with her to answer her questions and I think she has a little more hope in the possibility that Christ´s church exists.
We are also teaching Dominga and her son Dilan and four or five of his friends. They are awesome. Dominga is great to read and let us teach her but she is a little slow to see how the teachings apply to her life. We are trying to help her. We taught them the Word of Wisdom this week and Dominga told us she would give up Tea and Dilan would give up smoking. This was a little alarming, Dilan only is 14 but the good thing is that he knows it is bad and everyone wants him to stop.
We had Gloria and José Luis come to church this week. José Luis is 5 and we found them as a reference from their family. They got to meet the Primary President and it was great to see how this became real to them and a great source of support. I am excited to see how much more they will progress as a family.
We have not recieved new planners this week and so I am working with just paper. That´s fome pero está bien.
I love you all and am really praying for each one every single night.
Elder Crossley
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment